Advanced Bidding: Split Bids
This feature allows a flexible service provider (FSP) to take their whole capacity for a service window and split this into smaller options which can offer different values against subsets of capacity.
To split a bid follow these steps:
- Go to Manage > Bids > Submit New Bids
- Select the ‘bid’ button for the relevant competition
- Select the 'split bid' button
- This will bring up another data entry row for that service window, so you can enter as many different smaller bids as you require.
- Continue to enter your bid data, remember that the total of all split bids per service window can not exceed either the total qualified capacity or MW needed (whichever is the lower).
A FSP has 3 MW of qualified capacity to use. Via the split bid functionality they can submit the first 1 MW at price A (£10/MWh, then the second 1 MW at price B (£12/MWh) and final 1 MW at price C (£14/MWh).
Please note, that it is the responsibility of the FSP to read and adhere to the bidding rules for any competition set out by the contracting System Operator.