Flex providers (FPs) with qualifying assets must complete the competition qualification stage to ensure that their intentions are known by the relevant system operator (SO).
In this article
FPs who have assets which have been automatically qualified by Piclo, need to confirm entry or withdraw from each qualifying competition in order to complete the qualification process, and then be eligible to bid. Confirming competition entry sends a signal to the SO that you intend to bid.
There are three statuses possible within competition qualification, detailed below:
- Confirmed - i.e. a FP confirms they intend to bid into this competition with this group of qualifying assets.
- Withdraw - i.e. a FP is withdrawing these assets from this competition.
- Unknown - this is the default status if neither of the above two choices are saved.
How to Complete Competition Qualification:
- Go to Manage > Qualification.
- A list will appear of all competitions which have automatically qualified assets (for the specific FP account).
- Select the checkbox to the left of a competition, the ‘Withdraw’ and ‘Confirm entry’ buttons at the bottom of the page will then be available to select. Choose the correct button to complete the competition qualification process.
- Please note that there is the option to ‘Select/Deselect all’ competitions, should you wish to complete the competitions in bulk.
- Once the decision has been confirmed, the ‘entry status’ for each competition will be updated to either ‘Entered’ or ‘Withdrawn’, or remain as ‘Undecided’ if no decision has been confirmed for a competition (these three options can be seen highlighted in the screenshot below).
- The entry status can be updated at any time before the qualification closes.
Important things to note:
- You must confirm entry or withdraw before the competition qualification closes.
- If you forget to confirm, you might not be able to continue with the competition process.
In some cases, an entry status of 'Ineligible' may appear. This will be due to asset aggregates not meeting the competition's minimum capacity. The 'meet required aggregate' column will indicate what the minimum capacity required is. Should a FP still wish to participate in the competition, enough qualifying assets would need to be added to meet the aggregated capacity requirement.
Qualifying Assets File
To check an FP's current qualifying assets associated with competitions, the ‘view qualifying assets’ file can be downloaded.
What Happens after Competition Qualification?
- Make sure that all of the qualifying assets for the competitions for which you intend to bid are up to date and complete.
- SOs will review all of the qualifying assets and can change qualification statuses if there is any incomplete data (i.e. the asset status can change from qualified to disqualified).
- If the SO requires a PQQ, submit this with the help of the qualifying assets file.
- Monitor the asset qualification status as it might change before bidding opens.