Company Qualification / DPS
Once a flexible service provider (FSP) is registered on Piclo, the next step is to complete the company qualification for each relevant system operator (SO).
SOs may require FSPs to complete a DPS (Dynamic Procurement System) application on Piclo Flex, a process also known as company qualification. This is where Piclo helps SOs to pre-qualify FSP companies before competitions take place.
The process is as follows:
- Go to via Manage > Applications to view the available DPS applications to choose from. Each SO will have at least one application available, if it is part of their qualification process.
- Select the relevant DPS application and select ‘apply’ in the top right corner.
- Fill in all of the required fields. Supporting documentation on the organisation will be required (see further details and a summary of the DPS content below).
- Once the application is submitted, the SO receives a notification of the new application.
- The SO will then review the application and can decide to approve or reject.
- If an application is rejected, the SO is required to provide a reason. An email will be sent to notify the FSP of this decision.
- After a rejected application, it is possible to edit the application and re-submit any number of times.
- If an application is approved, an email notification is sent, but no further action is required. FSPs will now qualify for competitions where applicable, assuming qualifying assets are in competition areas and meet the qualification criteria, which can be viewed in asset qualification.
Please note: no assets will qualify for a competition where an application has yet been completed and approved. It is heavily advised to begin the application process in advance. Applications may take time for SOs to review and confirm applications.
Details of Each Stage of the Application
1. Organisation profile - initial questions about the business that is intended to be the countersigning entity in the Flexibility Services contract with the SO, including details about what relationship the organisation has with the flexibility assets. This section will ask for details such as:
- Organisation type
- Registered number
- VAT number
- Parent organisation details
- Legal relationship with assets
2. Organisation status - questions relating to the historic and current financial status of the business.
3. Auditing, insurance and legal - SO will require a copy of audited financial accounts covering at least the last two years, or as long as feasible. Documentation of various company insurances is also required here.
Please note - only 1 file can be uploaded per question (this can be a zipped file).
4. Declare and submit application - confirmation is required that the details provided in the form relate to the legal entity that is likely to sign the 'Flexibility Services' contract should the FSP submit a successful bid.
Once an application has been submitted, a new entry will appear under submission history which will allow the FSP to view the status of the application. There are three application statuses detailed below:
Pending approval - the application has been submitted and is in the process of being reviewed by the SO.
Approved - the application has been successfully approved by the SO.
Rejected - the application has been rejected and a reason will be provided by the SO. A FSP can then reapply, making any necessary corrections.